Top Sports News Of the Day
Dec.9 (Sunday) - Check Out The Top Sports News Of the Day:
- Russia has been handed a four-year ban from all major sporting events by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), including next year's Tokyo Olympics and the FIFA World Cup in 2022.
- With Cricket South Africa (CSA) looking down the barrel, former opener and coach Gary Kirsten could return to help the team in a mentor's role for the series against England.
- Former Australia wicket-keeper Julia Price has joined Brisbane Heat as their assistant coach for the upcoming Big Bash League season, becoming the first female coach in the competition's history.
- Veteran opener Wasim Jaffer achieved another first-class milestone on Monday as he made his 150th appearance in Ranji Trophy cricket. Featuring for Vidarbha, Jaffer is playing his 150th Ranji game against Andhra at the Devineni Venkata Ramana Praneetha Ground here.
- Former Australia skipper Ian Chappell believes the idea mooted of playing two day-night Tests by Cricket Australia against India in 2020-21 "may backfire" considering the fact that the Virat Kohli's men have a strong bowling attack.