Top Sports News Of The Day
Dec.15 - Top Sports News Of The Day
- Shimron Hetmyer cracked a career-best 139 while Shai Hope scored an unbeaten 102 as the West Indies romped to a eight-wicket victory against India in the first One-Day International at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium here on Sunday. Brief Scores - India 287/8 in 50 overs (Rishabh Pant 71, Shreyas Iyer 70, Kedar Jadhav 40; Sheldon Cottrell 2/46, Keemo Paul 2/40, Alzarri Joseph 2/45); West Indies 291/2 in 47.5 overs (Shimron Hetmyer 139, Shai Hope 102 not out)
- Abid Ali and Babar Azam slammed a century each on the fifth and final day of Pakistan's first Test at home in a decade against Sri Lanka as the rain-hit contest here ended in a draw on Sunday. Brief Scores - Sri Lanka 308/6(d) against Pakistan 252/2 (Abid Ali 109 not out, Babar Azam 102 not out; Kasun Rajitha 1/5)
- A brilliant bowling display guided Australia to an emphatic 296-run victory over New Zealand in the first affair of the three-match Test rubber at the Perth Stadium here on Sunday. Brief Scores - Australia 416 and 217/9(d) beat New Zealand 166 and 171-all out (BJ Watling 40, Colin de Grandhomme 33; Mitchell Starc 4/45) by 296 runs.
- Mumbai City FC ended Bengaluru FC's unbeaten start to the season with a spectacular 3-2 win in the Indian Super League clash at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium here on Sunday.
- Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen won the men's singles title at the Bangladesh International Challenge 2019 after registering a straight-game win over Malaysia's Leong Jun Hao in the summit clash here on Sunday.