Top Sports news of the day
Top Sports News of the day - 06 Feb 2021
Tennis | Akhtar Ali
- 81-year old Akhtar Ali passed away on Sunday, 07 February 2021
- Vijay Amritraj, one of the mentees of Akhtar Ali remembered his guru on his demise
- Somdev Devvarman and Sania Mirza were also trained by Akhtar Ali
- India has lost a great Tennis coach today
- Thank You, Dada….May your soul rest in peace!
Tennis | Entry in the Grand Slam main draw
- 28-year old Ankita Raina has entered into the Grand Slam main draw, under the women doubles category
- Ankita Raina is playing with 32-year old Dr. Mihaela Buzărnescu, who hails from Romania
- Only four Indian women Tennis players have achieved this feat prior to Ankita, they are:
- 1) Nirupama Mankad in 1971 Wimbledon, under mixed doubles with Anand Amritraj
- 2) Nirupama Vaidyanathan in 1988 Australian Open, under singles category
- 3) Shikha Uberoi in 2004 US Open, under singles category
- 4) Sania Mirza in 2009 Australian Open, under mixed doubles (with Mahesh Bhupati)
Football | Cristiano Ronaldo | Serie A TIM competition
- Cristiano Ronaldo celebrated his 36th Birthday with a win over Roma in Serie A TIM competition
- Cristiano Ronaldo playing for Juventus scored a goal in 13'
- Juventus's win was sealed with the own goal by Roma defender Roger Ibañez in 69'
- Juventus is now at the third spot with this win, pushing Roma to the fourth spot
- Milan is currently leading the Serie A TIM table with 49 points (15 wins in 21 matches), followed by InterMilan with 47 points (14 wins in 21 matches)
Boxing | Leon Spinks
- 67-year old Leon Spinks passed away in Las Vegas on 05 February 2021
- Spinks was suffering from cancer
- An Olympic gold winner was more famous for his win over Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) in 1978 to clinch the Heavy Weight Championship Title
Sports | Question of the day
- Do you know which one of these is the oldest domestic Football tournament in India? Options are - I-League, Subroto Cup, Indian Super League, or Durand cup? Do reply to this post!
- Yesterday's quiz was - To which sport the term "CUE" relates to? and the correct answer is - Billiards